Green gram is also known as mung bean or moong is a leguminous plant species belonging to the Fabaceae family with scientific name Vigna radiata. This small, oval-shaped green bean is widely used in Indian cuisines and no meal is complete without the addition of dals, be it with rice or roti’s it makes the meal wholesome. Mung bean is one of the richest plant-based sources of protein and a serving of this dal offer you with 211 calories and 14.2 grams of proteins.
Health Benefits :
- Green gram dal is packed with vast reserves of thiamine, riboflavin, folate and B complex vitamins that are valuable for women health.
- Green gram is overpowered with iron which helps in carrying oxygen and nutrients in the blood to all other vital organs and tissues.
- The plethora of nutrients present in green gram dal includes folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, zinc, magnesium and calcium help in lowering inflammation.
- Green gram dal has a rich array of powerful nutrients and abundance of dietary fibre which makes it a perfect plant source of protein for people trying to slim down.
- Green gram powder has the power to naturally exfoliate the skin and clear of dead cells making the skin look brighter and supple.