Zesty Vibe brings you split moong chilka dal . This dal has benefits of both, the whole green moong dal and dhuli moong ( yellow dal). Like the whole green moong dal, it is full of fiber, and like the dhuli moong – it is easy on the stomach and so easy to digest. Because it is such good food, it is ideal for babies, children, the elderly, and just anybody for that matter.
- Studies show that moong dal can safeguard our DNA and other threatening cell damage. These legumes are rich in antioxidants that can fight cancer development. Flavonoids present in moong dal help to destroy free radicals that are involved in cancer development.
- The phosphorous, along with the calcium in moong dal, is very good for the bones.
- Moong dal is rich in iron, which produces RBC’s. These RBC’s keep a person anemia free and help blood carry oxygen to all vital organs and cells.
- Moong dal is easy to digest and is anti-inflammatory. It also prevents the formation of gas. Intestinal walls of the gut remain healthy with the fatty acids present in this legume.
- As the glycemic index is quite low in this dal, it checks on the insulin, blood glucose, and fatty acids, thereby bringing down the sugar levels and keeping diabetes in check.
- Moong dal is very rich in protein, a building block for muscles, bones, cartilage, blood, and skin. With millets, roti, or rice, they make a complete meal full of protein.
- Moong dal is also rich in copper, potassium, magnesium, iron, folate, Vitamin B, E, C, and K.