Urad dal, also known as Split Black Gram, is one of the famous lentils used in southern part of Asia, especially in Indian cuisine.Urad dal is easy to prepare and can be eaten as a side dish also. It is also extensively used in various culinary preparations such as dosa, papad and vada.Urad dal is very nutritious and is also used in ayurvedic medicines. The ayurvedic term for urad dal is ‘masha.’
- Urad dal is rich in fiber both soluble and insoluble, which is known improve our digestion.
- Urad dal is contains high quantities of fibre, magnesium and potassium, which are extremely beneficial for our heart health.
- Urad dal is high in iron content, which helps increasing the overall energy levels in your body and keeps you active.
- Urad dal strengthens our nervous system and makes our brain function healthy.
- For controlling diabetes, the most important thing is to maintain and monitor your diet. Urad dal can be a great help in doing so, as it is rich in fiber and helps in regulating the amount of nutrients that is absorbed by the digestive tract.