Moong dal is one of the most popular vegetarian superfoods. It is rich in high-quality proteins and other essential nutrients. The high protein content contributes to building and repairing tissues and building muscles, bones, cartilage, blood, and skin.
The rich nutrients in moong dal are the basis of traditional Indian cuisine, based on Ayurvedic principles. Generally, both types of moong dal are common for cooking. However, people interchange it to enhance the colour and looks of the food. The loaded benefits of moong dal make it a popular choice for Indians.
- Yellow moong dal benefits include high levels of zinc. Zinc in green gram helps in managing night blindness. It activates an enzyme in our body which aids in producing Vitamin A.
- Green gram for weight loss is considered great since it is low in fat and rich in proteins and fibre. It keeps you full for a longer time and curbs your cravings. Moreover, it can detoxify your body, boost your metabolism.
- Moong daal can help keep the body’s energy balanced. Green Moong, being rich in fibre, is full of complex carbohydrates, which helps in stabilizing blood sugar
- Green gram daal contains healthy antioxidants, such as phenolic acids, flavonoids, caffeic acid, and cinnamic acid. Antioxidants are crucial in neutralising potentially harmful molecules called free radicals.
- They are rich in protein, which is essential for forming new cells, building strong bones, haemoglobin, and repairing cells.