Bengal gram is a highly beneficial pulse among the chickpea family. Due to the huge list of nutritional benefits it encompasses, the dark brown pulse is a pocket-friendly storehouse of energy. Bengal gram is amazingly delicious, highly nutritious, gets easily digested, has a rich flavour and aroma. It is one of the earliest legumes to be cultivated. Bengal gram seeds have a dark brown-coloured coat and are small in size. The lentils are flat on one side and rounded on the other and are yellow in color. You can achieve several benefits if you incorporate black chana into your daily diet. According to various studies, Bengal gram is beneficial for your body as well as for your mind. Let us have a look at the amazing health benefits offered by Bengal gram.
- Bengal gram helps improve your digestive system because of the fibre content in it and it also prevents constipation.
- Bengal gram has the ability to boost energy in your body because of the rich source of proteins in it.
- Bengal gram improves your bone health as it has a good amount of calcium.
- In Bengal gram, the high content of iron and folate helps to get rid of iron deficiency.
- The legumes have a good amount of fibre, thus it is good for diabetics, especially type 1 and 2.