Maoor daal which is also known as red lentils, is power-packed with nutrients and has immeasurable benefits. The benefits of masoor dal had been recognised in the centuries past and thus it has constituted as an important part of Indian cuisine.
A mere cup of masoor dal has 230 calories, about 15 grams of dietary fibre and about 17 grams of proteins. There is no denying the fact that a bowl of masoor dal can fulfil the nutritional and dietary requirements of an entire meal. It has various positive impacts on one’s health and body. When it comes to its preparation, it’s quite easy-to-make and is also found to be the most delicious among all the lentils, owing to its tinge of sweetness.
Health Benefits :
- Masoor dal houses a large proportion of dietary fibre. It scores low in glycemic index and inhibits the rate at which food is absorbed in the small intestine by blood.
- Masoor dal is known to be the supreme ingredient for most weight loss diets. It has the perfect amount of carbohydrates to lend a sense of fulfilment, yet being low on the fat content.
- Masoor dal is a powerhouse of antioxidants which may effectively reduce the cell damage. Its abundant proportions of nutrients tend to boost the immune system, thus effectively acting as an anti-ageing food.
- Masoor dal is a rich source of vitamins and other nutrients like calcium and magnesium, which are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and bones.
- Along with the above-mentioned nutritional values, masoor dal is also a rich source of vitamin A, C and E. These vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy eyesight and vision.