Toor dal is the local name of pigeon peas. Toor dal has many different names in different parts of India. It is also called Arhar dal in Hindi, Adhaki in Sanskrit, and Tur in Bengali. It is a fundamental part of Indian cooking and staple food among vegetarian families in India. Toor dal is a rich source of proteins and fibres while low in calories.
Health Benefits :
- The anti-inflammatory activity of Toor dal helps to reduce inflammation in the wounded tissue and activates tissue formation. Thus, it helps in the remodelling of tissue.
- Toor dal is rich in protein that helps avoid type 2 diabetes.
- oor dal is an abundant source of good quality protein, which is a building block of the body and promotes growth and overall well-being.
- Toor dal is packed with huge volumes of B complex vitamins that are vital for the normal metabolic process.
- Toor dal is completely devoid of saturated fats, so it makes a great choice of protein for those with heart problems.