A lot of Indian cuisines use nutmeg for its aromatic value and unique flavour. But nutmeg is more than just a spice that enhances the taste and smell of food. It has an abundance of nutritional value too.
- Nutmeg is known to have medicinal properties that can treat stomach ulcers and help in digestion. A lot of people add this spice to food, as it helps with easy digestion.
- Nutmeg seems to have properties to treat insomnia as well. A little nutmeg, in a glass of warm milk, has proven to induce sleepiness in many people.
- Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease pain and discomfort.
- Nutmeg works as an aphrodisiac, which means it can stimulate the nerve cells in the brain. The chemicals in this spice can help release feel-good hormones in the body, which in turn has a calming effect on you. Since it lifts your mood and works as a tonic, nutmeg is a great option to help treat stress.
- Its many antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties can help keep the skin healthy, supple, and unclog pores and blackheads.