Khand or Khandsari sugar is also known as Muscovado sugar, barbados sugar or brown sugar. It is cane sugar which is unrefined with the molasses still present in it. It is similar to wet sand in texture and the presence of molasses gives it a dark brown shade. It is a much healthier alternative to white sugar. The sugar cane juice is evaporated and then a centrifugal machine which is belt driven is used to separate the sugar crystals and some molasses is deliberately left which makes brown sugar a rich source of nutrients such as iron and potassium. It is completely unrefined and free of any added chemicals. It can be used just like the everyday white sugar. You can add it in your tea, coffee or any sweet dishes you prepare and enjoy guilt free.
- Helps in improving stamina.
- Contains nutrients like iron and potassium.
- It is unrefined and free of any additives or chemicals and is a better alternative to white sugar .
- Good for weight watchers as it has less calorie content when compared with white sugar.
- Good for heart and bone health.