Fenugreek commonly known as Methi is an annual, multi-purpose herb with green leaves and small white flowers. These flowers consist of seed pods containing tiny, yellow-brown, hard, pungent seeds that have a bitter taste. Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) are commonly used in Indian kitchen for its various culinary purposes. However, its usages are not limited to the kitchen but beyond it.
Fenugreek seeds are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and fibers that are great for our health. One tablespoon of fenugreek seeds containing 35 calories and several nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, fat, magnesium, manganese, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, etc.
- Fenugreek seeds contain proteins and nicotinic acid which helps to strengthen your hair roots and reconstruct damaged hair follicles.
- Fenugreek seeds contain a Diosgenin which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help the skin to fight against acne. It also destroys free radicles in our body which is responsible for wrinkled skin, dark spots, and infections.
- Consuming fenugreek seed water daily on empty stomach can boost your metabolism which ultimately helps in weight reduction. It is full of natural fibers which will help to reduce your calorie cravings and suppresses your appetite.
- Fenugreek seeds are an excellent remedy to control and prevent diabetes. It helps to increase insulin sensitivity and action which leads to lowering the blood sugar level.
- For those who are suffering from hyper-acidity or bowel problems, fenugreek seeds work like magic for them. Its regular consumption can reduce acidity problems and digestive problems.
- Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce menstrual cramps and other menstrual-related issues.