There are many benefits of fennel seeds. They are known for their relieving properties, which can be attributed to the antioxidant and phytonutrient content of fennel seeds. Anethole is a potent nutrient in fennel seeds. In addition, fennel seeds can effectively manage stomach gas, diabetes, congestion, and asthma.
- Fennel seeds are used to treat an array of digestive ailments, including heartburn, intestinal gas (and infant gas), bloating, and even colic in infants.
- Fennel seeds contain anethole. Some believe anethole mimics the properties of the estrogen hormone.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that chewing fennel seeds may freshen your breath. The seeds have the flavor of anise (or licorice). Simply munching on 5 to 10 fennel seeds could freshen your breath.
- Fennel seeds contain potassium. Potassium is known to counteract the ill effects of sodium and regulates the fluid amount in the bloodstream.
- The selenium in fennel seeds may also improve the function of liver enzymes.