Chickpeas, which are also known as the garbanzo bean, are classified as a legume. Most of the calories in chickpeas come from carbohydrate. Used in both savoury as well as sweet dishes, the nutty and grainy texture of this highly nutritious legume imparts a delicious taste no matter where you use it. A source of minerals, vitamins, proteins and fibre, the stupendous nutritional value of chickpeas make it a great choice for vegetarians, vegans and also non-vegetarians who are tired of eating meat, fish or chicken every day.
- Chickpeas pack a stunning nutritional profile for the health-conscious. A cup of chickpeas is good enough to provide you with about 164 grams of calories.
- As mentioned, chickpeas are great for bodyweight management. They contain essential amino acids which are crucial for muscle re-growth.
- The fibre that is found in chickpeas is soluble. It blends easily with water in your body to transform into a gel-like form that is beneficial for your digestive system.
- Managing chronic illnesses will become simpler with a diet rich in chickpeas. Chickpeas contain magnesium and potassium which promote heart health and lower blood pressure.
- Chickpeas are a great source of choline, which contributes to a healthy mind and improved brain health.